Lauren Cox is traveling to Hyderabad, India from January 28th to March 6th, 2014. In this month she plans to:
- Teach at a local orphanage.
- Teach a two week workshop for beginners on western dances including strength & flexibility, contemporary, ballet, street jazz and freestyle.
- Learn some of the cultural dances of India including Bharata Natyam (the "fire" dance) & Kathak (an Indian classical dance).
- Choreograph and set a 30 minute showcase, including herself and the Steps Studio director, Prithviraj, for the local community at Ravindhra Bharathi auditorium in Hyderabad.
Human Lauren's Campaign / Fundraiser
The plane ticket has been donated by Steps Dance Studio. The workshop and show is still being conceptualized and the total amount needed to make this happen is $2,000 USD. Your donations will be used to:
- Provide admission for five dancers who will attend her workshop.
- Cover costs of costumes, props and music for the showcase.
- Support the local orphanage.
- Stipend for Lauren's living costs.
Dance is a pure expression of the soul, no matter what the background. This is my gift and I would like to share it with as many people as possible. I hope that in opening my gift I can inspire those that surround me to open theirs. Art and happiness is real when shared.
I recently traveled to Hong Kong to perform at the Hong Kong Coliseum with the beautiful Joey Yung and to teach a few classes at Ones To Watch Dance Studios. There is a demand for versatility in the industry and the dance community worldwide. The more diverse you are in your art the more unique, inspiring and valuable you become. This is my attempt to not only share this philosophy with others but to keep growing myself. I cannot wait to share the result of this trip with you!
You can make your donations here: Indiegogo.com/projects/humanlauren-in-india